Tuesday, October 25, 2011

first outfit post!

I am a little nervous about this, but this is my first outfit post ever. I used the camera on my phone {obvi} so I don't know how many of these I will be doing due to small mirror and phone camera conflicts.

turtleneck: Lands End Canvas
dress: Target
cable knit tights: Target
boots: DSW
belt: Target

This weekend I was doing a little closet reorganization and while I was switching my summer tops and dresses out for my warmer fall/winter stuff, I had a revelation. Some of my summer dresses and tops can be layered with long sleeve shirts {and tights in the case of the dresses} and can be worn through the fall and winter. {I know this isn't rocket science, but sometimes I have a hard time visualizing how some pieces can be layered to create multi-season outfits}

It's all about layers, people! : )

So...per my recent revelation I layered a summer kimono dress with a turtleneck, tights, and boots....and viola! A {warm} fall outfit! This is the first time I have worn cable knit tights in years - and I almost forgot how warm and cozy they are!!

Thanks for letting me be brave and sharing my outfit with you!

Addendum: I just ripped my cable knit tights with the zipper on my boots! GRR! The rip is small...hopefully I can stitch my tights back to new... : /

No comments:

Post a Comment