Monday, September 12, 2011

brain dump monday

1. I love coffee. I probably drink too much. Some people drink it because of the caffeine (I do, as well) but I legitimately like the taste of coffee. One of my favorite coffee drinks (as mentioned in a previous post) is the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. I have already had a few of those delicious drinks this season...so good.

2. I got a pair of red Toms this weekend and I am so excited! I got red because I have always wanted red shoes and they add a nice pop of color to an outfit. So far they are super comfortable. There is a good chance this won't be my only pair. My "work ii wednesday" post will be dedicated to them.

3. I think I am getting a cold. It still feels like summer around here so having a cold this time of year seems really strange. 

4. I am taking the LARE (Landscape Architecture Registration Exam) and it consists of 5 parts or rather 5 individual exams. I am studying for a part I am taking on the 23rd of this month. As a post-college person I have found it is really difficult to find time to study once you have fallen into the "work" routine and I feel like I have so much going on all the time. Has anyone had to take an exam after college have any tips for studying?

5. I recently read The Art of Racing in the Rain and if you haven't gotten your hands on it, you need to. Warning: you will probably cry. The book is from the perspective of the family dog and it is so well written - it's worth the cry. {Disclaimer: I did start to tear up when I started to read it in Barnes and Noble so make sure you are not in a public place when you start reading it.}

6. American Eagle has $10.00 off their jeans right now. If you are in need of a new pair of denim you should check out their selection. As an adult I always find it a little odd to shop there since the target audience for that store is probably 14-17...but they have great jeans at great prices.

Happy Monday everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment